Paddle power prowess will be on full display on the beaches and water ways at Currumbin on the glorious Gold Coast when the 2017 Australian SUP Titles get underway on Tuesday November 14th with the opening ceremony signalling the start of a four-day competition window in which 23 National Champions will be crowned.
Defending Open Women’s Australian Surf SUP Champion and local Shakira Westdorp is excited about the titles being back on the Gold Coast.
“I am really looking forward to competing against a quality field again this year and to have the event back on home turf is just an added bonus,” said Westdorp, who will be fighting for her sixth National Title in the Women’s Surf SUP division.
Over 200 competitors will represent their States across the disciplines of SUP Surfing, SUP & Prone Marathon Racing (20km), SUP & Prone Technical Racing (between 4-8km of several laps in and out through the surf) as well as Community Marathon Racing and Flat-Water Sprint Racing.
The 2017 Australian SUP Titles is proudly supported by Australia’s Gold Coast, Hydralyte Sports, Currumbin RSL, Toyota, The International Surfing Association, Surfing Queensland and Surfing Australia.
For Online Entries Click HERE- https://www.surfingaustralia.com/event_series/10
Event Dates: 14th -18th November 2017 Schedule:
- Tuesday 14th November:Opening Ceremony and meetings (all Competitors, Team Managers and Judges to attend);
- Wednesday 15th November 2017: Competition Period for all SUP & Prone Marathon Racing divisions (20km), Community Marathon Racing (20km) & Flat-Water Sprint Races (200m)
- Wednesday 15th November 2017:Presentation for SUP & Prone Marathon Racing divisions (20km), Community Marathon Racing (20km) & Flat-Water Sprint Races (200m) divisions
- Thursday 16th November 2017: Competition Period for all SUP & Prone Technical Racing divisions
- Thursday 16th – Saturday 18th November 2017: Competition Period for all SUP Surfing divisions